Milos is connected by ferry with Piraeus port which is the main and biggest port of the Greek Capital, situated only 12km away from the city center.
There are 7-9 daily ferry crossings from Athens (Piraeus) to Milos. There is also a ferry crossing to Milos from Lavrio, a small port of Athens located near the airport. It makes the route a few times per week but it is not so popular due to the long trip duration.
> Book your ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Milos
• How long is the ferry trip from Athens to Milos?
The duration of the ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Milos varies from a minimum of 2h45m to a maximum of 5h20m, whereas an average time is 3 hours and 30minutes. This depends on the type of vessel (conventional or high-speed), the in-between stops to other islands and of course in some rare occasions the weather.
• How much is the ferry from Athens to Milos?
Prices depend on the ferry type (conventional or high-speed). Some indicative prices are:
- €45 for the high-speed Golden Star ferry and trip duration 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- €57.7 for the high-speed ferry with Seajet and trip duration 2 hours and 55 minutes.
- €42.2 for the high-speed ferry with Seajet and trip duration 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- €56 for the conventional Zante Ferries and trip duration 6 hours and 5 minutes.
- €56 for the high-speed ferry with Aegean Speedlines and trip duration 4 hours.
- €54 for the high-speed Golden Star Ferry with trip duration 4 hours and 55 minutes.
• What ferries are operating from Athens to Milos?
The vast majority of companies making the route from Athens to Milos use only high-speed vessels. These companies are: Seajets, Golden Star Ferries, and Aegean Speedlines.
> High-Speed ferries
The high-speed ferries are small in size ferries that run fast saving you a lot of time. There are no outdoor spaces and passengers remain in the indoor area. There are only numbered airplane type seats and only one coffee shop where you can buy a coffee, a refreshment or a snack. Inside the vessel there is an air conditioning system. Some of these vessels have a garage and you can carry your car from Athens to Milos and some of them not. The trip duration varies from 2 hours and 45 minutes to 4 hours depending on the specific type of the high-speed vessel and the number of stops to other islands before reaching Milos. Unfortunately, because they are small vessels, bad weather conditions affect them easily and it has been noticed that many delays occur very often. In case you are travelling with strong winds, you might feel a bit sea sick nauseous.
Types seats: Airplane seat/Economy, Airplane seat/Business and Airplane seat/Vip.
Price range: €45- €56
Vehicule price range: €23 (moto) - €67 (car)
Timetable: During the summer season, there are 5 schedules per day for this type of vessel to/from Piraeus/Milos.
> Conventional ferries
The conventional type of ferry is a big vessel with many indoors, outdoors spaces and a garage. The ferry companies that make the ferry crossing from Piraeus to Milos some days per week with a conventional ferry are Zante Ferries and Minoan lines. At this type of vessel, you will find a restaurant, cafes and small shops whereas there is air conditioning in all the interior spaces. Bad weather conditions such as strong winds, do not affect this type of vessel very much, and arrive on time. Also the trip is much more pleasant because due to its size and spaces, you can enjoy the beautiful sea views and have lunch or coffee. Last but not least, a big advantage of this ferry type is that with an extra fee you can take your car with you to Milos.
Types of seats: the Deck/Economy, the Air seats/Economy, Air seat/Business, and cabins with/without view.
Price range: €36 - €37.5.
Vehicule: €28.5 (Moto), €91.5 (Car)
Timetable: During the summer season, there are 1-2 daily ferry crossings for this type of vessel to/from Piraeus/Milos.
• Indicative Timetables
Check our booking engine for precise timetables.
- From Piraeus to Milos
- • 06:50 am Golden Star Ferries (2h45m)
- • 07:00 am Seajets (2h55m)
- • 07:00 am Seajets (3h30m)
- • 07:00 am Zante Ferries (7h45m)
- • 07:00 am Aegean Speedlines (4h)
- • 10:00 am Minoan Lines (3h45m)
- • 15:15 pm Seajets (3h20m)
- • 17:00 pm Aegean Speedlines (4h)
- • 22:00 pm Seaspeed ferries (6h15m)
- From Milos to Piraeus
- • 00:15 am Zante Ferries (5h)
- • 10:50 am Seajets (3h25m)
- • 11:25 am Aegean Speedlines (4h)
- • 12:15 pm Seaspeed ferries (6h15m)
- • 14:40 pm Golden Star Ferries (2h40m)
- • 15:25 pm Zante Ferries (7h45m)
- • 17:20 pm Seajets (3h20m)
- • 19:00 pm Seajets (3h25m)
- • 21:15 pm Aegean Speedlines (3h)