Monastery of Agia Triada in Hydra
The Monastery of Agia Triada in Hydra, Saronic: On a hill above the bay of Mandraki lies the Monastery of Agia Triada (Holy Trinity). It can be reached on foot from Mandraki in about 40 min. Follow the path from the Monastery of Agia Fotini, you will see a mill, and after the main path splits into two smaller paths, one leads to the Monastery of Agia Matrona and the other to the Monastery of Agia Triada.
The exact date of this monastery's construction is unknown but it is believed that it was founded in 1704 by the priest Antonios Oikonomou, grand-father of the captain who declared the Greek Revolution against the Turks in Hydra. During the Revolution of 1821, the Monastery of Agia Triada offered financial aid to Greeks and in 1825, a team of Greek revolutionists fortified the monastery to protect it from a possible attack.
In 1915, a severe thunderstorm destroyed the dome and the roof of the katholikon, which were repaired by the local benefactor Gkikas Koulouras. During 1970-1974, the monastery was renovated again. The architecture of the monastery is located in the center of the yard and it is surrounded by cells, library, dining room and other buildings.