Agios Georgios Beach in Naxos
Information About Agios Georgios
Agios Georgios Naxos: This sandy beach is the closest to the capital and for that it is one of the most popular and crowded beach of the island. It is very long, extending for many kilometres and is full organized, proposing sun beds and umbrellas for rent as well as various water sports facilities. The first thing you notice about the beach is its size. It rolls on and on. If you are used to beaches on other Cycladic islands then it will come as a shock.
The other difference is that this beach actually has waves, and they get bigger the further you go from the town. The sand here is soft and the water clear. Across the sea you get a lovely view of Paros. If you walk round the headline on the southern end of the beach you will find a considerable amount of windsurfers. It is one of the most famous spots of the island for windsurfing. Lessons are conducted here because the water is quite shallow and the wind is good. Several cafes and restaurants are lining the beach and many hotels, rooms for rent and studios are available in the surrounding area.
Book your sunbed in Agios Georgios beach! Naxos is a very popular island and the beaches can get very busy in summertime! You can now Book your sunbeds online.
Things To See And Do In Agios Georgios
How did you get to Agios Georgios beach in Naxos: By boat
Location of accommodation: 3 minutes from the beach
How much time did it take you to get to Agios Georgios beach in Naxos: 3 minutes
-What is the condition of the roads on the way to the beach: Fine, no problem
-Was the trip to the beach enjoyable: Just 3 minutes so there wasnt much to enjoy, but it was fine
- In order to reach the beach, did you use a: I stay in the area
- Reasons for going to Agios Georgios beach in Naxos: Proposed by our hotel/accommodation, it is the closest one to our accommodation
-Describe Agios Georgios beach: Long sandy beach, clear waters, blue waters, beautiful surroundings, fully organized with sun beds and umbrella rentals, surrounded by hotels and other, clean, cheap
-What amenities was the beach close to: Telephone, bank, mini market, restaurants, cafes, bars, beach bar, clubs. All very satisfying
- Did it meet your expectations: Yes Rate: 9/10
- Favorite thing about Agios Georgios beach: Nice water and beautiful volley opportunity
- Is there anything that you dont like about the beach or things that should be done by the authorities to ameliorate it or something missing: Perhaps beach volley opportunity
- Any recommendations/tips for future visitors: Good place, especially for children