Delphi is widely mentioned in the history of Greece as the center of the world. Here also lies the ancient theater of Delphi built on the same hill as the Temple of Apollo. The importance of Delphi history is unfolded in great detail in the Archaeological Museum, located close to the ancient site.
The Archaeological Museum of Delphi reveals through hundreds of exhibits the history of the Delphi sanctuary, the most important site of ancient Greece. The rich collections of Delphi museum consist of beautiful marble statues, sculpture works, coins and other finds from that time. The exhibition is unfolded over the two floors of a wonderful building that has a cafeteria and a gift shop.
Close to the archaeological site is the house of the poet Angelos Sikelianos and his wife, Eva. Following their death, the house was transformed into a museum dedicated to their personal work regarding the revival of the Delphic Festivals called the Museum of Delphic Festivals. Today, the museum displays an interesting collection of items that were used in the two festivals that took place there in 1927 and 1930.
Located next to the ancient site, the Archaeological Museum of Delphi hosts findings from the site and the region, including marble statues, coins, golden jewelry, and others. The most famous exhibits are the Charioteer and the Sphinx.
This museum is located on top of the modern village of Delphi. Its location offers gorgeous view to the region and the ancient site. It is located in the house of Angelos and Eva Sikelianos, that was built in 1927.