Constructed in 1857, during the British occupation of the island, the Lighthouse of Moudari can be found on the northernmost part of the island, Cape Spathi.
It is one of the tallest lighthouses in Greece, reaching 25 meters (82 feet) and offering visibility to Peloponnese.
The lighthouse was initially oil-powered and its operation ceased during the Second World War.
It was later restored and started operating again in 1945, remaining oil-powered until 1984 when it become electricity-powered for the first time.
The lighthouse can be approached on foot and although the hiking path is not particularly challenging, it is recommended to study the area's hiking routes before going there since its location is remote.