Jet Ski Safaris
Santorini provides travelers with a wide variety of activities and experiences so that everyone can pick those suiting them the most.
For water sports enthusiasts, a relatively new and fun way of discovering the seascapes of the southern part of Santorini is via a jet ski safari.
On the beach of Perivolos, you can participate in jet ski safaris organized by water sports clubs.
After jumping on the jet ski, you will have the chance to explore the breathtaking landscape and inaccessible coastline created by the volcanic eruptions, including several beaches, sea caves, and cliffs.
All routes start from Perivolos and pass by Vlychada, Red Beach and White Beach.
However, more areas can be approached (including the volcano), depending on the path you agree on with the water sports center.
• Our first recommendation provides additional snorkeling equipment if you want to explore the sea bed. Their tours are guided by a safety boat, with licensed staff and a photographer on board. They also offer you a soft drink at the end! The tours last 90 minutes. For trained individuals, arrival should be 30 minutes before the starting time, while inexperienced should arrive 45 minutes early to be trained. Their cancellation policy is super flexible, with a full refund for cancellations up to 24 hours before the activity.
• The second option offers three tours with different paths, two of which include snorkeling equipment. Durations range from 60-90 minutes to more than two hours, depending on the path. Again, licensed staff and a photographer guide you. Their policy includes a full refund in case of cancellation ten or more days before the tour.
• Last but not least, there’s also a tour that gives you the chance to ride the latest Yamaha models. You can also select if you want to do the tour alone or under the guidance of an instructor. Four routes are offered, the duration of which ranges from 1.5 to 4 hours. You should arrive at the kiosk at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour. Their cancellation policy is flexible? there's a full refund for cancellations made four or more days before the activity.
• Each jet ski has a capacity of two passengers.
• In order to drive a jet ski, you should be at least 18 years old? minors can only participate with an adult.
• Basic swimming skills are required.
• Participation in such activities is risky for people with health problems.
If you feel like boosting your vacation with more adrenaline, check out all the activities you can participate in during your stay in Santorini.
How to get to the tour starting point?
The starting point for all jet ski tours is Perivolos Beach, south of Santorini.
Perivolos is located near the beach of Perissa and it is easy to get to this area if you are renting a car or any other vehicle.
For those using public transport to move around, the only direct bus to Perivolos leaves from Fira and the trip lasts between 20-30 minutes.
If you are staying in any other area, you will first have to get to Fira and then switch buses from there.
Another option is to get a taxi to Perivolos, either from Fira (trip duration: 20 minutes) or from Oia (trip duration: 30-40 minutes).