Rimondi Fountain in Rethymno
The Rimondi Fountain in Rethymno Crete, Greece: A small but elegantly classical structure stands at Petichaki square, in the heart of the old town of Rethymno, close to Loggia. This is the Rimondi fountain built in 1626 during the Venetian rule. Named after the Venetian governor of the period, A. Rimondi, it continually threw water from three springs that had the form of lion heads and provided an important water source for the inhabitants of the Old Town.
Around the springs, there were ancient Greek columns with elegant endings on top. Between the columns, the two preserved tablets real Liberaliatis and Fonte. A Venetian coat of arms has been installed on top of the lion heads, in the middle of the fountain. Close to the Fountain, there are open cafeterias and other Venetian monuments.