Byzantine Museum in Paros
The Byzantine Museum of Ekatontapyliani in Paros: The Ekatontapiliani Byzantine Museum is located in Parikia, the capital of Paros Island. The Museum is housed in the Ekatontapiliani Church that was initially build as a small shrine dedicated to the Virgin Mary in the 4th century AD by Saint Helen. It was later rebuilt after the damaging earthquake in 1773. The Byzantine Museum in Parikia displays rare church artwork, wood carvings, silver and metal objects, religious amphorae and heirlooms from the Byzantine Era.