Hydra's Trail Event 2024
Hydra's Trail Event was organized for the first time in 2014. Since then, it has become an annual sports event that gathers running lovers from across Greece and other countries and introduces them to the island’s exceptional beauty!
The event comprises several races so everyone can find the one that meets their needs/abilities the most. The starting point for all is the port of Hydra.
• Hydra's Trail Marathon : A 38,5-km-long route designed to showcase the loveliness of the island’s mountainous regions, offering unparalleled views of the landscape and the azure sea.
• Rock Race : An 18-km-long route designed for the same reason as the Marathon, offering a similar experience but with a lower difficulty.
• Rookie Trail Race : An 8-km-long route, also passing through the beautiful landscape of the mountains, that is recommended for beginners.
• Run & Fun : A 5-km-long route that appertains to the “city trail” category. In contrast to the above, this route passed through the charming alleys and mansions of Hydra Town. Its length is ideal for beginner runners.
• Junior's Mini Race : A flat route designed for little runners. More specifically, children up to 5 years old can run a <200 m route, children between 6 and 9 years old can run a 1,1-km-long route, and children from 10 to 12 can run a 1,7-km-long route.
This year, Hydra’s Trail Event will take place on the second weekend of April (April 13th to April 14th). The three first of the aforementioned races are scheduled for Sunday, while the last two for Saturday. Noteworthy is the Pasta Party held during sunset a few hours after the completion of the Run & Fun Race!