Churches in Elafonissos
The small island of Elafonissos counts on a few churches which are highly appreciated by the locals and the visitors. The symbol of Elafonissos is the church dedicated to Agios Spyridonas, the saint protector of the island. Set right in front of the port with lovely views and nice taverns nearby. It is connected with the rest of the island via a bridge.
West of Elafonissos, surrounded by beautiful islets lies the church of Panagia Katotiniotissa (from Kato Nisi, meaning Lower island). It is set on a high hill from 1895, over the ruins of an ancient church and in close distance is the church of Agios Ioannis. Some of the newly built churches are Agia Triada, Agios Patapios, Agia Irini and the church of Agios Nektarios.