C11 Cruise To Albania
For the more adventurous travelers, this cruise to Albania is on offer. Discover an unknown country, see the inland and visit an important archaeological site.
After our departure from the port of Corfu Town at 09:00 am, we travel along the coasts of Albania and reach the port of Saranda in Albania. After the passports are checked, the local tourist guide will introduce you to the ancient town of Saranda. An additional and optional (23 euros cost) guided tour to Butrint is available if you want to enjoy an important archaeological site plus a 20km coach tour of the southern coasts of Albania, with virgin shores, small traditional villages, fertile plains till we reach a great lake. This bus-guided tour to Burtrint has extra cost (23 euros for adults and 11.50 euros for children 5-12 years old) and it can be bought in the boat on the way from Corfu to Albania, the day of the excursion. Apart from the tour to Butrint, this extra cost also includes the lunch in Saranda (cucumber, tomato salad, feta cheese, olives, tzatziki, mussels, pork, meatballs, small beef burgers, fries, season fruit).
Arrival in Albania
Upon our arrival in Saranta, we head to a seaview restaurant for a short coffee break and money exchange. Then we get on board our coach and depart for Butrint. If you do not book the tour to Butrint, then you are free to walk around the town and enjoy the beach promenades.
The highlight of the day is the excursion to the archaeological site of Butrint, designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Monument in 1997. This ancient town has been uncovered by archaeologists from layers of silt and vegetation. At the edge of the lake where the ancient city of Butrint is situated, visitors can see the ancient theater, the ancient gymnasium, the Roman baths, the stone walls and the ancient temple with the priceless mosaic floor. At the top of the hill, there is the Ottoman castle of Ali Pasha, offering panoramic view of the archaeological town, the lake and the vast plains. The complete tour lasts from 70 to 90 min. The elderly or disabled guests will complete the tour in the first part (70%) of the archeological area with a separate guide (when necessary on occasion). At the entrance of the archeological area there is a mini bar kiosk.
Upon our return to the town of Saranda, the lunch is served (buffet style). In the afternoon, there is a tour around the town and free time until our departure back to Corfu. The ferry departs at 17:30 from Saranta and arrives in Corfu at 19:00.
1. As stated above, the bus-guided tour to Butrint and the lunch is not included in the tour price. This tour can be bought in the boat on the way from Corfu to Albania. It costs 23 euros for adults and 11.50 euros for children 5-12 years old.
2. This excursion is usually performed by the cruise ships of our company. If for any reason the cruise will be performed by Flying Dolphins (highspeed hydrofoils), the clients will have one and a half hour extra time in Albania.
- During embarkation in the port of Corfu, passengers have to pay 10 euros for port taxes and 23 euros for the excursion to the archaeological site of Butrint (for ticket entrance to Butrint, guided transfer from the port of Saranda to Butrint with return, guided tour in Butrint in English and German for 1 hour and 20 min on foot, and lunch at the restaurant in Saranda)
- The lunch in Saranda includes: Greek salad, feta cheese, tzatziki, mussels, pork, fried meat balls, French fries and fruits
- During the cruise, there is guide (more than 2 languages)
- During the excursion to Albania and in the bus, there is guide
- The entrance at the Museum of Ali Pasha in Butrint is free
- In the boat, there is bar with refreshments and light snacks
- Pick up/drop off service from your hotel to the port of Corfu can be organized with extra charge
- Passport details for the Albania port authorities must be given at least 1 day before
Note - All days except Sundays, the cruise takes place with a hydrofoil boat, which is quicker. This is why on these days the cruise also includes a visit to the Blue Eye Cave.