Greece Covid-19 Travel Updates
Last update: September, 14th, 2021
Disclaimer: The following information is subject to future short notice changes & updates.
GENERAL COVID INFORMATION FOR TRAVEL TO GREECE
For all updates about traveling to Greece, please consult: https://travel.gov.gr/#/.
Don't forget that you need to complete the PLF form (24 hours in advance) in order to receive a QR code and enter the country.
Do you need to make a test in Athens or the Greek islands?
Find out the laboratories & medical centers located in popular destinations.
COVID PROTOCOLS FOR TRAVELLING BY FERRY
To travel by ferry in Greece and the Greek islands you will need:
• A completed pre-boarding form (provided with your booking with Greeka Ferries or that you can find on the port of departure).
• A completed online health statement form (for passengers over 18 years old) that you can find on https://sea.travel.gov.gr/
• A vaccination certificate or a negative covid test result as explained below.
FOR TRAVELERS OVER 12 YEARS OF AGE
• A vaccination certificate issued by a certified authority (valid after 14 days from the second shot) OR
• A PCR test of less than 72 hours OR
• A Rapid Antigen test of less than 48 hours OR
• An official proof of COVID-19 recovery which is valid between 30-180 days after the first positive test result.
FOR MINORS 5-11 YEARS OF AGE
Apart from the above tests or certifications, a 24 hours self test declaration is also acceptable.
* The above tests and certifications apply for travel by ferry, regardless the destination (i.e. from ports of mainland Greece to the islands and other mainland ports, between the islands, as well as from the islands to the mainland ports).
* PCR test and Rapid Antigen tests are performed in private diagnostic laboratories or in private clinics or pharmacies. On remote small islands, where there is no private diagnostic laboratory, diagnostic tests are performed at the municipal clinic.
* All certificates/test results/documents must include the critical information in English and the person’s full name must match the name on the passport or other travel document.
* Controls for test results/vaccination certificates/pre-boarding forms will be carried out by the port officers before boarding the ferry. All passengers are required to be at the port 1,5 hours before the ferry departure. Embarkation shall be denied in case you do not have the required documents.
* Self-test kit is available in pharmacies and costs 6 EUR . Download and complete the self-declaration form: https://self-testing.gov.gr/covid19-self-test-print.pdf
* Face mask is mandatory in all interior and exterior areas of the ferry