The Historical and Folklore Museum of Aegina, Saronic: The Historical and Folklore Museum of Aegina is housed in an elegant Neoclassical building of 1828, in the heart of Aegina Town. This building was donated to the Municipality of Aegina by Polymnia Iriotou Thomakou, daughter of archaeologist and folklore scientist Panagis Iriotis.
On the first floor of the building, there is the Urban House of Aegina that includes family relics of the Iriotou family, the library and correspondence of Panagis Iriotis, as well as old furniture, gravures, paintings, traditional costumes, laces and decorative items.
On the ground floor, there is the Country House with items of daily use and agricultural tools, as well as the Fisherman House with fishing tools and boat models. During the earthquake of 1981, the building was severely damaged but it has been renovated thanks to donations and incomes from exhibitions and bazaars.
The photo is from laografiko.gr