Christos Kapralos Museum
Christos Kapralos Museum of Aegina: The Christos Kapralos Museum in Aegina is located in the northwestern side of the town, on the coastal road straight from the harbour.
Christos Kapralos was a Greek sculptor, born in 1909 in Panetoliko, a village near Agrinio. His family was poor and studied art thanks to mentors and financial supporters. He studied (1929-34) painting in the Athens School of Fine Arts and sculpture (1934-40) in the Grande Chaumiere and Colsrossi Academies. His work was mainly inspired from the everyday life in his village, his friends and relatives, war and peace. He represented Greece at the Venice Biennale in 1962 and participated in the Sao Paolo Biennale in 1975. He died in January 1993, in Athens.
In 1991, the artist established the Christos and Souli Kapralos Foundation in Aegina. The Foundation opened the Christos Kapralos Museum which hosts many of his sculptors, such as the Monument to Combat of Pindos, a series of wooden and stone sculptures, inspired by the greek resistance against the Germans. Other works of Christos Kapralos are found in USA museums and in private collections.