Ancient Olympia Festival
Event from 06 Jul 2008 until 26 Aug 2008
Posted by Greeka.com on 14 Jul 2008
The Ancient Olympia Festival for summer 2008 is characterized by the variety of themes and aims to the appointment of all the areas of the ancient site, the two ancient theaters, the exhibition areas, events at the new pedestrian zone of Olympia town. The cooperation with the local and cultural organizations guarantees the quality of these events.
For the first time in Greece, this year is inaugurated the cooperation with the jazz festival of Antibes. Concerts, theatrical plays for children and adults, photography exhibitions and even more are waiting for the visitors to enjoy a wonderful summer.
• Nana Mouskouri, Concert (7 July)
• Charoula Alexiou, Concert (28 July)
• Michalis Chatzigiannis, Concert (4 August)
• "Orestis" of the ancient writer Euripides, directed by Slobodan Unkowski National Theater of North Greece (6 August)
• Savopoulos-Papakonstantinou, Concert (12 August)
• Traditional songs and dances with Domna Samiou (13 August)
• "Tartuffe" of Moliere, (17 August)
• "Medeia" of Euripides, Patras Theater and the Greek Festival (22 August)
• Pyrgos theatrical team «Medeia» of Bost (11 July)
• "Spring's", Musical and theatrical event (12 July)
• Children Theatrical play "Koula the little Goat", of Trivizas (22 July)
Open-air event (central pedestrian zone of Olympia town)
The jazz concert “TRIO of Pierre Christophe” is presented in cooperation with the 48th International Jazz Festival of Antibes Juan-les-pins.
Exhibition of the Greek Photo Reporters Union
"Streets of Fire" – (34 Photographers, 102 Photos)
Town Hall of Ancient Olympia – Open air exhibition (17 - 27 July)
Architecture of Ancient Olympia
20 students of Architecture Schools in Greece present their Proposals in the frame of a students competition