An old kaolin processing plant, built in 1925, houses the center. It is an excellent sample of its period's industrial architecture and it was abandoned for many years. It was almost fallen apart when it became the property of ORYMIL S.A., a company belonging to Mrs Kitty Kyriakopoulos. The building was fully restored with high aesthetical standards and respect to its original architecture.
The Conference Center is a significant contribution to further upgrading the cultural life of Milos, since not only conferences, conventions and symposia, but also theatrical, musical and other artistic events take place there. At the same time the Center works as an attraction of alternative high quality types of tourism to the island.
The Milos Conference Center George Eliopoulos fully meets this condition providing top-notch service to conferees with skilled personnel and state-of-the-art audiovisual and telecommunication facilities.
Designed to function throughout the year, it consists of special designed conference halls, administration offices, a pressroom, internet-room and infirmary. The Center is fully air-conditioned and has fire-protection system. Moreover, all its sections designated for the public are accessible to disabled persons.
The main hall in the central building is of up to 400 conferees capacity, while two other acoustically isolated halls host up to 280 and 120 conferees, so as to satisfy different conference requirements by offering the choice between one large conference hall or two smaller ones. In a pleasant environment, facilities are available for open-air activities.
The Center hosts cultural events as well, in which the capacity of the main building may reach to 450 persons.