Jesus of the Woods church
The Monastery of Jesus of the Woods in Paros, Cyclades Greece: The Monastery of Jesus of the Woods is also known as the Monastery of Transfiguration of Christ. This is a nunnery (female monastery) constructed at a distance of 6 km from Parikia, close to the Valley of Butterflies. The katholikon of the monastery is dedicated to the Transfiguration of the Christ, while on the northern side of the yard, there is a church dedicated to Agios Arsenios (1800-1877), the protector saint of Paros island. In fact, the grave and the skull of the saint are guarded in this monastery.
Before turning into a monastery, the building was actually the residence of Mavrogenis Family till 1973, when the family donated it to the Monastery of Panagia Ekatontapyliani. In 1805, the building housed the first monastic community. The church of Agios Arsenios in the Monastery of Jesus of the Woods celebrates twice a year, on January 31st when is the name day of the saint, and in August 18th, when is the removal of his relics.