The history of the legendary lighthouse of Mykonos, Armenistis, will be presented in an exhibition that will take from July 11-26 in the actual site of the lighthouse. This exhibition, which has been coorganized by the Municipality of Mykonos, the Greek Navy's Lighthouse Department and the Mykonian Women's Cultural-Folklore Society, will present the story of a lighthouse that gradually became the trademark of the island.
Armenistis Lighthouse is located in Agios Stefanos and can be accessed by car. It was constructed in 1891 and its height is 19m, while its focal place is 184m. It was decided to built a lighthouse there after the wreck of the English ship VOLTA in 1887, on the northern coast of Mykonos, where 11 members of its crew died. The site of the lighthouse gives excellent view to the island and the sea.
Working hours: 11.00-14.00 and 18.00-20.00