The Church of Virgin Mary, also known as the Church of Panagia, is located in Panagia village, at an altitude of 180 meters.
It is dedicated to the Presentation of Mary and it celebrates every summer on August 15th, with various kinds of festivities. It is one of the most significant churches on the island.
With its whitewashed walls and blue dome, the church has an authentic Cycladic style of architecture and it is surrounded by a prickly pear grove.
The church's opening took place in 1980, after having taken several years to build; the construction works started in 1919.