The Clock Tower of Chania Crete: The clock tower of Chania Town (or "To Roloi") is located on the north eastern part of the Municipal Garden, along Dimokratias Street. Its construction started in 1924 and was completed in 1927 using river sand, one of the cheapest resources back then. It was designed by the local engineer D. Kollaris.
To the right of the tower, there is the stadium of the town. Dimokratias itself is a street that throbs with activity being the main commercial street of Chania. Especially its northern side is dotted with upscale shops and receives hundreds of visitors during the day.