Leros Alinda Village
Alinda Village Leros: Alinda is a tourist resort located 3 km north west of Platanos, the capital of Leros. This lovely village lies around the natural bay of Agia Marina. The area is very rich in vegetation, full of pine trees and olive grove forests. In Alinda was built the first hotel of the island, in 1923, and today the same area hosts numerous accommodations and tourist units. Alinda is joined with Krithoni, a beautiful settlement with nice houses and many hotels as well.
The beautiful castle of Belenis lies amidst a lush green area which was founded by a wealthy family of Leros, in 1925. This elegant stone built mansion was restored and now it houses the Historic and Folklore Museum of Leros. It has a beautiful courtyard where most of the local festivals take place during the summer.
Some of the most important religious sightseeings in Alinda is the Monastery of Agios Sofronios and the church of Agios Saranta. Also close to the beautiful church of Agios Isidoros which stands on a rock are some remains of stone buildings from antiquity. Very close to Alinda are the idyllic beaches of Panagies and Lisgaria and numerous coves well-hidden between the rocks.
Church of Agios Isidoros | Historical and Folklore Museum