See & Do in Ermoupolis , Syros (9)
Have a look on what to See and Do in Ermoupolis, Syros.
Following the relevant links, you can also check the top See & Do in Syros and sightseeings in other locations of Syros.
Church of ResurrectionLocation: Ermoupolis
The wonderful Church of Resurrection was built in 1870 on top of Vrodado Hill, above Ermoupolis and offers a terrific view of the neighbouring islands of Tinos and Mykonos.
Church of Agios NikolaosLocation: Ermoupolis
The church of Agios Nikolaos is located close to the port of Ermoupolis. This impressive church was built in the 19th century and it has two tall bell towers.
Church of the AssumptionLocation: Ermoupolis
The church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary is among the most important churches of Ermoupolis. Inside, it has a holy icon of Virgin Mary, made by the famous painter El Greco.
The Archaeological Museum of Syros is housed in the Town Hall, Miaouli Square. It was established in 1835 and includes exhibits from excavations in Halandriani Syros and other Cycladic islands, such as Amorgos and Kythnos.
The Industrial Museum is housed in three old factories in Ermoupolis. It houses old machinery and tools from factories around the island, maps, architectural designs, pictures of local painters and ship models.
Cycladic Art MuseumLocation: Ermoupolis
The Museum of Cycladic Art is located in Ermoupolis, near Miaouli Square. It exhibits an interesting collection of Cycladic art and findings from the Cycladic period excavated in Syros and in other Cycladic islands.
This impressive building houses the Town Hall of Ermoupolis and it is the trademark of the island. It was constructed in the Neoclassical architecture by Ernst Ziller, a famous architect in Greece. The Town Hall is located in Miaouli square.
Constructed in 1864 by the French architect Chabeau, the Apollo Theatre of Syros is located on Miaouli Sq, Ermoupolis. It frequently hosts interesting performances, exhibitions and lectures.
Vaporia is the most picturesque quarter of Ermoupolis, with elegant buildings just above the sea. In this quarter, there is the church of Saint Nicolas, the patron saint of the island.