Rethymno Rimondi Fountain

The Rimondi Fountain in Rethymno Crete, Greece: A small but elegantly classical structure stands at Petichaki square, in the heart of the old town of Rethymno, close to Loggia. This is the Rimondi fountain built in 1626 during the Venetian rule. Named after the Venetian governor of the period, A. Rimondi, it continually throwed water from three springs that had the form of lion heads and provided an important water source for the inhabitants of the Old Town.

Around the springs, there were ancient Greek columns with elegant endings on top. Between the columns, the two preserved tablets real Liberaliatis and Fonte. A Venetian coat of arms has been installed on top of the lion heads, in the middle of the fountain. Close to the Fountain, there are open cafeterias and other Venetian monuments.

Share it!  
Rethymno Rimondi Fountain Pictures (1)
The Community
Our Services
Car rentalFerriesHotelsToursIsland hopping packagesCustomized holiday

Other social networks


Be the first to get news and special offers!